Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Father's heart



Hi everyone it's me again. Anyway... You'll have to excuse me today. I'm feeling a little sappy. I'm just sitting here at the computer thinking about the Father's love. God is so good, so patient, so loving. I'm so thankful for His presence in my life. I don't understand why He continued to chase after me all those years I strayed from Him. And when I finally came to my senses, He didn't tell me, "I told you so," or "Oh, so now you want to come back." He welcomed me, with arms wide open. He embraced me and I've never been the same. His love, His unfailing, unchanging love...

My heart's desire is to reflect Father's heart to those around me. When I think about people who have never felt the Father's embrace... those who never sensed the Father's love, I can't image it. My heart breaks when I picture Jesus looking over Jerusalem, weeping and crying out, "Jerusalem, Jerusalem! You kill the prophets and stone the messengers God has sent you! How many times I wanted to put my arms around all your people, just as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you would not let me!" (Matthew 23:37 GNB). My prayer today, "Oh Father, give me your heart and love for those around me. Help me to show them how much you love them... how much You long to take them in Your embrace. Help them to come to their senses and accept the love you've shown through Your Son. In Jesus' name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment