Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Where's MY heart?


Preparing for this blog has been an interesting process. It's forced me to ask the question, "Where is MY heart?" That's a scary question. Most of my life I've struggled with depression, insecurity and doubt. Sometimes the depression was so bad I could hardly get out of bed. Thank God, I haven't experienced that level of depression in a number of years, but I still have days it leaves me quite battered and worn. In those times I have a decision to make. In reality, it's a decision I MUST make every single day. It comes from the Bible, "Why am I so sad? Why am I so troubled? I will put my hope in God, and once again I will praise him, my savior and my God.  (Psalms 42:5 GNB).

It's a choice. I WILL put my hope in God, and praise Him, my Savior and my God. Instead of sinking down into depression and the mental torment that comes with it, I choose, by the power of the Holy Spirit to put my hope in God. The same God that raised Jesus from the dead is the same God and Father who will carry me through the dark times, when hope is hard to see and the will to carry on is lost. It's like the old hymn, "Because He (Jesus Christ) lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone..." He is my Savior and my God. He is my hope when hope looks dead and darkness closes in like a raging storm.

I can trust Him no matter what happens in my life. Like Peter my my heart cries out, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." (John 6:68-69 NKJV). Where's my heart? It's found in God the Father, through Jesus Christ. It's a hope and a peace that not even depression, insecurity, and doubt can take away from me. I'm firmly held in His unwavering hand. "Bless the Lord oh my soul. Oh my soul... worship His holy name."



No comments:

Post a Comment