Saturday, June 20, 2015

From TV to Reality


God still works miracles… TODAY! He heals, He changes lives, and He sets people free… TODAY. We are called to do three things in response to the Father. We are called to hear His Word, believe His Word, and obey His Word. It is HBO: hear, believe, and obey. When we step out of an entertainment mentality and step into an eternal mentality everything changes. All of a sudden, the impossible becomes possible because with God all things are possible. It’s the difference between seeing Jesus walk on the water and hearing His call to come out on the water with Him. When we hear His voice, trust Him, and step out into that which is impossible for us to do in our own strength, then we get to experience the promises of God. Like the second generation of Israelites in the desert, we get to go into the Promise Land. However, if we choose to not believe Him and fail to step out in faith, we miss out on experiencing all that God has for us… life, love, peace, joy, hope, forgiveness, salvation and the list goes on. We end up going around in circles, never experiencing the Father’s blessings. The writer of Hebrews states:

So, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the wilderness, where your ancestors tested and tried me, though for forty years they saw what I did. That is why I was angry with that generation; I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.' So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest.'" See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called "Today," so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.
(Hebrews 3:7-13 NIV)


My challenge to you is as you hear His Word, believe it and step out in obedience. When you do, you will find The Holy Spirit will meet you with power to do the impossible. Remember, it is “Not by might nor by power, but my My Spirit, says the Lord God Almighty” (Zechariah 4:6 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment